One lakh and seventy one thousand earthen lamps will glow on the banks of river Saryu as the state government’ s plans to project the heritage of this temple town will be on full display when Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will attend a mega event – Deepotsav- in Ayodhya on Wednesday. Apart from creating a celebratory atmosphere the event will break the Guinness World Record for largest display of oil lamps set by jailed self styled godman and convicted rapist Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
According to the official page of Guinness World Records, ‘The largest display of oil lamps consists of 150,009 lamps was achieved at an event organised by Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan (India) in Haryana, India, on 23 September 2016.’ The statement further says that ‘1531 participants took part in assembling and lighting the lamps for this display.’
Besides creating a new record by lighting 1.71 lakh lamps, a series of programmes have been scheduled to celebrate Diwali in the pilgrim town, Principal Secretary, Tourism, Awanish Awasthi said.
WHAT ALL WILL HAPPEN AT ‘DEEPOTSAV’:
- The event will be organised on the Ram Ki Paidi where 1.71 lakh earthen lamps will be lit.
- Prominent buildings and ghats will be illuminated to attract tourists.
- A heritage walk, a yatra reminiscing the return of Lord Ram to Ayodhya, and the launch of several schemes by the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and other dignitaries will be part of the programme.
- To add a touch of fantasy to the event, a chopper decorated as the mythological Pushpak Viman, will descend on Ram Katha Park with artistes decked up to resemble Lord Ram, Sita and Laxman.
- A grand “aarti” of River Saryu will also be performed by Chief Minister Adityanath and Governor Ram Naik followed by a laser show.
- A 22-minute laser show with special sound effects on Ramayana will be the major attraction during the mega event at Ram Katha Park
- Heavy police deployment has been made for the occasion. Over 1,000 policemen along with 10 companies of PAC and two companies of RAF have been deployed for security of the VVIPs
The objective of the entire programme will be to promote Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, as a tourist destination. Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma will also be present on the occasion. The Union Tourism ministry has sanctioned Rs 133.70 crore for making Ayodhya a tourism hub. The money sanctioned will be utilised in renovating ghats, including the Guptar Ghat, where Lord Rama had taken Samadhi, installing CCTV cameras, making police booths, construction of guest houses for tourists and auditorium at Digambar Akhara.
Courtesy : Republicworld.com