Palani Arulmigu Shri Dhandayuthapani Temple is the popular abode (Arupadiveedu) of the Tamil deity Lord Murugan. Pilgrims can reach Palani Subramanya Swamy temple either by climbing steps or by a rope car. This powerful temple is located in the lap of Sivagiri hills in the village Palani. It is solely dedicated to Lord Murugan, the son of Lord Shiva. Palani is described as his third abode. Many pilgrims devotedly visit here to acquire his blessings. This temple is flooded with devotees of Lord Karthikeya, his other name.
The mythology behind Palani Temple
Once Narada Muni visited Kailash to present the fruit of knowledge to Lord Shiva. After receiving the fruit, Shiva wanted to divide and give it to his two sons, Ganesha and Karthikeya. But, he was advised not to divide the fruit, and, one son could only get wholesome. So, both Shiva and Narada decided to hold a competition. Lord Shiva announced that one who comes first after circumambulating the universe for three rounds would be given it. Soon after his announcement, Lord Murugan took his vehicle peacock to circumambulate the world, whereas Lord Ganesha circumambulated his parents three times as they were considered his world. God Shiva and Goddess Parvati were pleased and gave him the fruit. When Lord Muruga came back, he got angry and went to Palani for meditation. Since then, the place has become one of the abodes of Lord Muruga. Bogar, one of the eighteen Siddhas of Tamil culture, created and established the Nava Paashana Murugan idol here.
Famous festivals in Palani Temple
Palani Murugan temple festivals are world famous. As many festivals are conducted, finding accommodation during crowds is very difficult. That’s why the Government of Tamilnadu introduced various facilities for stay, and Palani Murugan temple online booking is also established. It has been beneficial to devotees for their earlier Palani temple online booking to avoid last time rush. The following festivals are famously celebrated in the Palani temple:
- Chithra Pournami (full moon day on Chithirai month) – This 10 days festival is celebrated for Lord Muruga and his Goddesses Valli & Deivanai.
- Agni Nakshatram – During this time, Girivalam is taken place to cure many physical and mental diseases.
- Vaigashi Vishagam – Vishagam is the star of Lord Muruga, which is celebrated here grandly.
- Aadi Amavasai – On this auspicious day, devotees tonsure and take bath in the Shanmuga river to cleanse their sins
- Aavani – Ganesh Chaturthi – Lord Ganesha’s Birthday is celebrated.
- Purattasi – Navrathri – 9 days for 9 female deities are celebrated.
- Aipassi – Kantha Sasti, Surasamharam, and the divine marriage – During the 6 days festival, the demon Surabadman is killed and is associated with Kantha Sasti.
- Karthigai –Karthigai Deepam, Thiruvathirai – On the 10th day of the festival, women light mud lamps and worship Lord Karthikeyan.
- Thai – Thaipoosam – It is celebrated for 10 days continuously, and it is called Kaavadi Festival.
- Maasi – Maasi Magam, Sivarathiri & Panguni – Panguni uththiram.
Palani online booking sites help pilgrims more to book their rituals, rooms, etc, in peak times so that they can access their rituals, and occupy their rooms without messes. Even the Government advises pilgrims to book online to avoid unnecessary crowds. Especially after COVID, as social distancing and masking are necessitated, crowding is not at all entertained. So, for your safest site, go for Palani Murugan temple online booking after confirming with the Palani Murugan temple timings.
Palani Temple Timings 2023
Here we see Palani temple poojas and Palani temple timings in this section;
|Vishvaruba Dharsanam||5:40 am
|Darshan||6 am to 6.50 am|
|Vila Pooja||6:50 am – 7.15 am
|Darshan||7.15 am – 8.00 am|
|Sirukala Shanthi Pooja||8 am -8.25 am
|Darshan||8.25 am – 9.00 am|
|Kala Shanthi Pooja||9 am -9.25 am
|Darshan||9.25 am to 12.00 pm|
|Uchi Kaala Pooja (Afternoon Pooja)||12 pm – 12.25 pm
|Darshan||12.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Sayaraksha Pooja (Evening)||5:30 pm -5.55 pm
|Rakaala Pooja||8 pm -8.25 pm
|Darshan||8.30 pm – 8.45 pm|
|Temple closing time||9.00 pm|
|Temple opening timings on general days||5.00 am|
|Festival days Palani temple timings||4.30 am to 8.00 pm|
Devotees can pre-book air-conditioned deluxe cottages of Dandapani Nilayam. They have a lobby, bedrooms with two beds, dining, kitchen, bathroom, commode, intercom, furniture, and running hot water. Pilgrims’ rest houses, single, double, and Ac rooms are also available at reasonable rates.
Palani Subramanya Swamy Temple Room Fees
FAQs Related to Palani Murugan Temple
How to reach Palani Temple?
Devotees can reach Palani Subramanya Swamy temple by Air, Train, and Bus. Parking facilities are also available here. Pilgrims have to step-up 693 solid steps to see the darshan of Lord Murugan on the hill. Special darshans are available here and devotees are requested to bear a neat dress code.
How to Contact Palani Devasthanam?
Dhandayuthapani Nilayam: Ph: (+91-4545 242325) Velavan Lodge: Ph: (+91-4545 247780) Devasthanam Head office: Ph: (+91-4545 242236) Cottage: Ph: (+91-4545 245544)
So, devotees can choose Palani temple online booking to make their worship easy and happy. May God bless you!
- Marriage Prediction by Date of Birth
- Left Eye Blinking Astrology Meaning
- Love Marriage or Arrange Marriage Astrology Prediction
- Ishta Devata Calculator
- Rakshas gan female
(Keep Visiting Internet Hindu for more updates on Temples in India)